European Protected Species (NPS) Licencing
- European Protected Species (EPS) include: bats (all species), Hazel Dormouse, Great Crested Newt, Otter, Sand Lizard and Smooth Snake.
- Licences must be sought from Natural England for any works likely to impact on these species OR their habitats.
- Licences must include appropriate level of survey data, assessment of impacts on population and detailed mitigation schemes.
- Natural England will ONLY consider applications for sites with full planning permission.
- Once granted, licences are legally binding.
For more information, or to discuss your requirements, please don’t hesitate to call the office and one of our consultants will be happy to talk things through in more detail.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter to receive updates from the field and invites to our Ecology Briefing events.
Suite 8, Buckfastleigh Business Centre
33 Chapel Street, Buckfastleigh
Devon, TQ11 0AB
Studio 26, The Glove Factory Studios,
1 Brook Lane, Holt,
Bradford-on-Avon, BA14 6RL
Registered Office: 01364 701150
Holt: 01225 251600